Electronic information resources
The Library of the CAS (KNAV) subscribes to all institutes of the CAS for direct access to the following databases from their IP addresses:
- Web of Science (including the analytical tool InCites)
- Ebsco Academic Search Ultimate
- Ebsco Business Source Ultimate
- Emerald Premiere
Remote Access (Library of the CAS)
Searching on the Library of the CAS (KNAV) website in individual electronic information sources is possible either directly from the selected database or also via VuFind (tick "ENTER ONLINE SOURCES").
In the case of searching from the KNAV website, it is necessary to use the login data (password) of a registered KNAV user (i.e. login via REMOTE ACCESS):
Registration is free for CAS employees and can also be done online at: lib.cas.cz/online-registration
Among the databases accessible in this way are e.g. Anopress, PressReader, Bookport.
Library of the CAS
Online registration for remote access to the databases listed below
External resources and institutions
- Open Database - 50,000 publishers and repositories
- KNAV Service - Acquisition of eBooks
- SKC - The Complete Catalogue of the Czech Republic (CASLIN)
- Digital libraries (Kramerius, Manuscriptorium) - full digital texts
- Knihovny.cz (CPK, central portal of dozens of Czech libraries)
- OCLC WorldCat (document search engine near you)
- Google Scholar (search for scholarly literature from multiple sources)
- KVK (KIT) - Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog (search for books in catalogues all over the world)
- Archive.org (non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more)
- Manuscriptorium (Digital Library of Written Culture Heritage)
- Collective Catalogue of the Institutes of the CAS, VuFind (search engine, recovery system, open source: printed and electronic books and journals, electronic resources; incl. remote access (from home) - access via personal passwords)
- Digital Library of the CAS (digitization in the CAS, most of it is accessible only from the KNAV study room)
- ASEP (repository of the CAS, publications of CAS staff, citations, reviews, analytics)
List of electronic resources
National Digital Library, making available works unavailable on the market (published in the Czech Republic before 1989)
Login: eduID, account: Library of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, personal access passwords as for KNAV
(for the procedure for obtaining passwords see above, point 2.)Project website
The portal provides access to information resources in the field of humanities and social sciences created and managed by the Academy of Sciences. Currently, it includes resources from 17 departments of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, both fully available online, available only in specific departments, and resources that are still waiting to be converted into electronic form. The portal also includes an informative section, which offers an overview of specialized literature, professional events, foreign portals and projects in the field of Digital Humanities.
Access to the overview of information resources of the CAS institutes from one place.Project website
Web of Science is a unified interface for access to Clarivate Analytics citation and abstract databases. You can access 9 databases under the KNAV license.
Web of Science Core Collection is the main base of Web of Science. This multidisciplinary database contains records of impacted journals and proceedings from around the world (including open-access). It covers more than 250 scientific disciplines since 1900.
The following citation indexes are included:
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index Expanded
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index / Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science
- Book Citation Index
- Current Chemical Reactions
- Index Chemicus
BIOSIS Citation Index, Current Contents Connect, Data Citation Index, Derwent Innovations Index, KCI-Korean Journal Database, MEDLINE, SciELO Citation Index, Zoological Record
Web of Science is the single interface for accessing Thomson Reuters citation and abstract databases. You can access 9 databases under the KAV license.
It is also possible to access Journal Citation Reports citation databases through Web of Science.Project website
Elsevier's Scopus database is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature in the world.
Articles-in-press allows you to search for articles from more than 3,750 journals before they are published.
The database is thematically divided into 4 main areas:
- Natural sciences (agriculture, biology, neuroscience, pharmacology)
- social sciences (humanities, business, history, information science)
- physical sciences (chemistry, engineering, mathematics)
- health sciences (medicine, dentistry, nursing, veterinary medicine)
It also searches the citation index, the so-called Hisrch index. It covers the period from 1823 to the present.Project website
ProQuest is a multidisciplinary database providing access to the full text of scholarly journals, books, dissertations and other publications. The Ebrary digital library is also accessible through a single interface.
The KNAV license provides access to 6 major databases from the ProQuest Central and ProQuest STM collections.
ProQuest Central is currently the largest aggregated full-text database on the market. In addition to scholarly journals, conference proceedings, or papers, it also provides access to hundreds of US, Canadian, and international newspapers, dissertations, and business information from over 40 countries. Its broad scope makes it a central resource for researchers in all fields. Includes documents from 1962 to the present.Project website
JSTOR is a digital library (with a deep archive) containing scholarly journals, books and primary sources from a wide range of disciplines, but mostly from the humanities and social sciences (since 1665).
The KNAV license provides access to 17 sub-databases - Arts & Sciences I-XV, Biological Sciences and Business IV. A list of titles in each collection can be found here.Project website
EBSCOHost is a single interface for accessing selected bibliographic and full-text databases. The following databases are available under the KNAV licence:
Academic Search Ultimate is the world's most comprehensive multidisciplinary database. It contains more than 10,000 full-text journals, including over 9,000 peer-reviewed journals and more than 6,500 journals without any time limit. In addition to periodicals, monographs and conference reports and proceedings are also represented, as well as more than 67,000 videos from the Associated Press. It covers the period from 1886 to the present.
Business Source Ultimate is an acclaimed bibliographic citation and full-text database in the field of business with a retrospective back to 1886. It contains more than 3,500 full-text journals, including over 2,100 peer-reviewed journals and more than 1,400 journals with no time limit. In addition to journals, the database also includes company profiles, country economic reports, case studies and more.Project website
ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities) is a list of scholarly journals in the humanities and social sciences with basic information about them. Each journal is associated with 1-2 scientific disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. According to these disciplines it is possible to find out which major journals are published in the field.Project website
Emerald Premier is a multidisciplinary database that gives you access to the complete output of Emerald Publishing. The database covers a wide range of disciplines in 16 subject categories: accounting and finance, economics, education, technology, health and social care, human resources and organisations, computer science and knowledge management, library and information science, management, marketing, property and construction management, public policy and environmental management, sociology, strategy, tourism and hospitality, and transport. The list of titles can be found here.
It covers the period from 1988 to the present.Project website
Ulrichsweb is a bibliographic database containing detailed information on more than 300,000 print and electronic periodicals of various subjects. In addition to specialist journals, you can also find magazines, newspapers, newsletters, anthologies and book series. It covers the period from 1997 to the present.Project website